Wednesday, November 30, 2011

December, Chocolate Cake and Ice Cream

It's almost December. The cool air signals the nearing of the holiday. While not all people including myself do not literally celebrate the season with a religious implication, this is the part of the year that we lay more delectable food on our table. This is also the time that we find excuses to forget our diet and miss our daily exercises. Before we know it, we have added couple of extra pounds before the end of the year.

Healthy living requires hard work. And, it is not seasonal. I may not totally abstain from eating chocolate cake and ice cream but somehow, I learn to eat in moderation (well, except for some unusual cases). I realized that the more I hold myself back from eating some food, the more I crave for it.

From Flicker by Kirti Poddar

All rights reserved by Caryl Joan Estrosas

I came across with a short yet helpful article. It is not something new, it is something that most of us know but easily ignore.

According to researchers from Harvard University, an increase in physical activity is linked to an improvement in diet quality.

“Understanding the interaction between exercise and a healthy diet could improve preventative and therapeutic measures against obesity by strengthening current approaches and treatments,” Miguel Alonso Alonso, a researcher at Harvard University, said.


(Read the entire article: Exercise can make it easier to eat healthy)

No comments:

Post a Comment